- With some key injuries to our rotation (Maeda, Hill), the Dodgers are putting up some great innings. Kershaw has pitched great as usual, tying Mike Leave and Ivan Nova in fWAR. Even more surprising, Alex Wood has posted the same fWAR as Clayton Kershaw. The 26-year-old righty is striking out 31% of batters and walking only 8%. Ross Stripling and Brandon McCarthy have also been key players in the rotation so far. Julio Urias leads our rotation with a 1.06 ERA.
- The Dodgers are projected to win 95 games, which leads all MLB teams. With the Giants collapsing, the NL West looks to be ours in the near future. The Rockies are a good team, but they are outperforming their talent on pitching. The boys in blue only lag by 1 and a half games.
- Cody Bellinger is Bae.
- Chris Taylor out of nowhere? Zach Lee, you will be missed less. Forsythe might not get his starting gig back.
- Corey Seager and Justin Turner remain to be an amazing 1-2 punch. It’s like we have KB and Rizzo now.
- Yasiel Puig slowed down a bit, but he’s batting an okay .250/.319/.425 now. His fielding has been energetic as expected.
- Yasmani Grandal, Joc, and Andrew Toles give our hitting lineup some crazy depth.
- Our left-handed batting has been bad, but not nearly as crap as last year’s struggle.
- RISP curse is broken! We are ranked 12th in RBIs scored.